Goal: To ensure that the community is practicing good health behavior by increasing their basic knowledge of Health Nutrition and WASH.
We are working to establish a healthy community where members are practicing health & personal hygiene principles, by gaining knowledge, changing behaviour, and taking responsibilities for functioning health services for all in the community.
- Training on Primary health Principal for SHG members.
- Community Health Volunteer: We recruit volunteers from the community and trained them mainly on Mother and Child care and Primary health principles to prevent common diseases in the community.
- Community-based Pond Sand Water filter & Rainwater harvesting: Salinity in the water and scarcity of drinking water are the most common problems in the coastal areas. To reduce this problem we provide a Community-based Pond Sand Water filter & Water tank for Rainwater harvesting.
- Organic and vermin compost training and demonstration plot: We encourage our group members to use compost/vermin compost in their field to increase the fertility of the soil. Our group members also established a demonstration plot on Compost/vermin compost in the community so other community members can learn and be encouraged to do the same.
- Agro demonstration: To meet the nutritional needs and food security around the year our members use kitchen gardening which we called Faith Gardening. Our group members also established a demonstration plot on Faith Gardening in the community so other community members can learn and be encouraged to do the same.